Now that the weather is gorgeous in the Niagara Region, many homeowners turn their attention to repairing or replacing a roof, but how can you ensure you get the best local roofer to do the job? Here are my top tips:
1. Interview the Contractor - Good contractors take pride in their work, and so should the salesperson representing the company. The salesperson should show pride and enthusiasm in discussing other jobs. The salesperson should be knowledgeable about other jobs (which shows his amount of involvement in the actual work).
2. Ask what the full address is of the company. Try to hire a contractor that has an office nearby. The likelihood of better service and quicker response time is greater if the company is based near your home.
3. Ask About Insurance. A contractor should carry comprehensive liability insurance and workers’ compensation insurance to protect you in the event of a roofing accident. This can be verified by asking to see the contractor’s certificates of insurance (workers’ compensation and general liability).
4. Ask about credentials. Reputable roofers will be able to answer questions about the credentials they have that make them qualified for the job.
5. Ask How Long They Have Been in Business. Needless to say, longer is usually better. Under three years may signal an unstable business or one low on the learning curve.
6. Ask for References. Request a list of 3 names and phone numbers of recent customers. (and phone a couple of them)!
7. Ask About the Warranty. Typically, contractor workmanship warranties are for one year or more. Manufacturers warranties are also something to ask about of the products being used.
8. Discuss timelines, payment terms and clean up to ensure you are on the same page.
WRAP UP: A roofing company that is hired to do the job will be responsible for protecting your valuable home for many years to come. Take the time to educate yourself with the above tips and also do your due diligence by researching online.
If you are in the process of looking for an experienced local roofer with an excellent track record, please feel free to contact my CertainTeed ShingleMaster™ team at Class Eh! Roofing in Niagara-on-the-Lake for a free inspection by phone: 289-687-6924 or by filling out a form online below.
9/28/2022 08:43:29 pm
You've written it so well, and you have some really good ideas. This post is outstanding!
10/16/2022 02:19:05 pm
Wish sort walk bring enjoy according. Use common tax choose what environment animal imagine. Attorney enjoy appear decide.
11/28/2022 01:34:22 am
Great advice on looking into the history of a roofing company before leaving your roofing system in their hands. I like the idea of having experts who have worked on several roofing problems so they'd have a creative way to deal with current ones. I should probably share this with my colleague who wants to try revamping his property starting from its roof.
Leave a Reply.
Wayne Jeffreys is a native of Niagara-On-The-Lake and owner of Niagara based roofing company Class Eh Roofing!